Wednesday 28 November 2012

Ocean, wash us all away...

Since Trent Reznor decided to currently leave working on music as Nine Inch Nails, as a huge NIN fan I've been intrigued about the new music he's been making in the meantime. I've casually kept an ear out for the offerings from his current project, How To Destroy Angels, also involving his wife Mariqueen Maandig on vocals, Atticus Ross, and Rob Sheridan. I haven't had chance to fully immerse myself in their two EPs yet, but I did check out their latest video for 'Ice Age', below.


This song is very different to Trent Reznor's work as Nine Inch Nails, but still maintains the haunting beauty underlying a lot of his previous music. Mariqueen's vocals are gorgeous, ever-so-soft over the keyboard and plucking of a stringed instrument. The video mirrors the music perfectly, nothing too overdone, full of intrigue.

How To Destroy Angels are still in early stages, with their first full length album due next year. The material I've heard so far from their second EP, an omen_, has caught my attention more than their first release, and I'm becoming more hooked by the mix of electronic elements coupled with Mariqueen's ethereal voice, making me excited to hear what's coming next from this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...